Fruugo.com Ltd. ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the “Act”), the data controller is Fruugo.com Ltd. Fountain Street House, Fountain Street, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7EQ, UK. Registration Number: Z1333679
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Fruugo.com Ltd
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Fountain Street House, Fountain Street, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7EQ, UK
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant unsubscribe box situated on the form or email on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we may use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile||Performance of a contract with you.|
|To process and deliver your order, including: managing payments, fees and charges; and managing your queries through our Customer Service team – this may include recording calls to our teams.||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction (e) Marketing and Communications||Performance of a contract with you. We may also use some of the data related to your queries for our legitimate interests of ensuring our customer service quality standards are met.|
|To collect and recover money owed to us in respect of your order||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us).|
|To carry out fraud assessments||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction (e) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests of ensuring payments are not fraudulent|
|To process your purchase of a gift voucher from us||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction||Performance of a contract with you.|
|To help us improve our offering to our customers, including asking you to leave a review or take a survey, or provide customer insights||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Marketing and Communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to improve our offering to our customers, to develop them and grow our business).|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw or competition||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications||Performance of a contract with you to fulfil the promotion and run the competition/prize draw. We may also subsequently use your entries for the legitimate interests of understanding our customer base more effectively.|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise).|
|To deliver relevant website content, advertisements and other marketing material to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business to inform our marketing strategy and to improve our offering to you). Please note that where cookies are used for this purpose, this is covered separately by our Cookies Policy.|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy). Please note that where cookies are used for this purpose, this is covered by our Cookies Policy.|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business, and to improve our offering to you).|
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. When we share personal data with these companies we require them to keep it safe, and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your data in the same way as us.
Some Fruugo retailers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The processing of your personal data for the purposes of fulfilling your product purchase may involve a transfer of data outside the EEA or countries deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
Please see below a list of countries in which Fruugo retailers are currently located:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating inside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We do not store payment or credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties other than for the purposes previously described.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will always do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Contact email@example.com.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please read below to find out more about these rights:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us. Contact email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Glossary of Terms
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
External Third Parties
- Service providers acting as processors based in the UK who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Specific third parties, for example (but not limited to) Paypal, Bing, Mailchimp, Google, Facebook who provide payment services, marketing services, analytics and/or customer service management software.
Fruugo.com Ltd policy for informasjonskapsler
Ved å besøke dette nettstedet med nettleserinnstillingene satt til å tillate informasjonskapsler godtar du at Fruugo bruker informasjonskapsler til de formål som er beskrevet nedenfor for å gi deg en fullverdig handleopplevelse.
Hva er en informasjonskapsel?
En informasjonskapsel er en liten tekstfil som lastes ned og lagres på din datamaskin eller mobile enhet av nettsteder du besøker. Der teknologien for informasjonskapsler ikke er tilgjengelig kan en anonym identifikator brukes. En anonym identifikator er en rekke av tilfeldig valgte tegn som brukes til de samme formål som en informasjonskapsel.
Nettleseren din leser informasjonskapselen kun når du besøker nettstedet som opprettet den. Dette gjør navigering enklere ved automatisk å logge deg inn og ved å huske ting som innstillingene dine og hva som er i handlekurven din. Informasjonskapsler lar nettsteder som Fruugo levere en personlig tilpasset handleopplevelse.
Informasjonen som er lagret i en gitt informasjonskapsel kan kun leses av nettstedet som opprettet den og informasjonskapsler er begrenset til kun å kommunisere informasjon du har delt med nettstedet.
Vi bruker de følgende slags informasjonskapsler:
- Helt nødvendige informasjonskapsler. Dette er informasjonskapsler som trengs for å drive nettstedet vårt. Det inkluderer for eksempel informasjonskapsler som gjør at du kan logge inn i sikre deler av nettstedet vårt, bruke en handlekurv eller benytte elektroniske betalingstjenester.
- Informasjonskapsler for ytelse. De lar oss gjenkjenne og telle antall besøkende og se hvordan besøkende beveger seg rundt på nettstedet vårt når de bruker det. Dette hjelper oss å forbedre måten nettstedet vårt virker på, for eksempel ved å sikre at brukere lett finner hva de leter etter.
Listen under beskriver i detalj informasjonskapslene som brukes på Fruugo. Vi har beskrevet hvem som setter disse informasjonskapslene og deres formål. Hvis det står andre enn 'Fruugo' som part er dette våre tredjeparts forretningspartnere som hjelper oss å forbedre din surfeopplevelse.
|Helt nødvendig||Fruugo||Fruugo bruker informasjonskapsler til å gi deg noe av den grunnleggende funksjonaliteten som trengs for at du skal kunne surfe og handle på nettstedet vårt, slik som å huske hvilke produkter du har lagt i handlekurven. Informasjonen som samles gjennom disse informasjonskapslene blir bare brukt til dette formålet og blir aldri delt eller solgt videre til tredjeparter.|
|Ytelse||Google Adwords; MSN/Bing; Double Click; Facebook; AppNexus, Ve Interactive, Captify, FLXONE||Google Adwords; MSN/Bing; Double Click; Facebook; AppNexus, Ve Interactive, Captify, FLXONE bruker informasjonskapsler (eller, hvis aktuelt, anonyme identifikatorer) for å spore vår egen betalte reklamevirksomhet. Vi bruker informasjonen samlet av disse informasjonskapslene for å hjelpe oss til å fastslå hvor på nettet våre annonser vil ha størst effekt. Hver enkelt annonsør bruker sine egne informasjonskapsler for sporing, og dataene som samles er hverken konfidensielle eller mulige å utveksle.|
|Ytelse||Google Analytics (including Universal Analytics and Google Analytics for Display Advertisers)||Google Analytics bruker informasjonskapsler (eller, hvis aktuelt, anonyme identifikatorer) til å samle inn data som hjelper oss å forstå hvordan folk bruker nettstedet. Vi bruker denne informasjonen til å identifisere hvor og hvordan vi kan forbedre kundeopplevelsen, og til å hjelpe oss å fastslå hvor på nettet våre annonser vil ha størst effekt. Dataene som samles gjennom disse informasjonskapslene er anonyme, innbefatter ikke spesifikke kundedata og blir aldri delt med andre tredjeparter, bortsett fra DoubleClick Campaign Manager, som er et heleid Google-produkt.|
|Ytelse||Pingdom||Pingdom overvåker webapplikasjoner i sanntid slik at vi kan måle og overvåke ytelsen til våre applikasjoner og infrastruktur. Vi bruker Pingdom til å oppfange hvor lang tid sider bruker på å laste samt hvor lang tid som går mellom forespørsel og svar for å sikre at vi leverer en høy tjenestekvalitet.|
|Ytelse||FullStory||FullStory lager fortegnelser over og reproduserer ekte, anonyme brukeropplevelser på nettstedet slik at vi forstår hvordan brukere bruker nettstedet vårt og gjør at vi kan forbedre kundeopplevelsen.|
Informasjonskapsler for økter (eller midlertidige informasjonskapsler)Informasjonskapsler for økter lagres i datamaskinens minne så lenge nettleserøkten pågår. De blir utilgjengelige når økten har vært inaktiv en stund og blir automatisk slettet fra datamaskinen din når nettleseren lukkes. De gjør at du kan gå fra side til side uten å logge inn gjentatte ganger.
Persistente (eller permanente) informasjonskapslerPersistente informasjonskapsler lagres i datamaskinens minne og blir ikke slettet når nettleseren lukkes. De brukes til å lagre innstillingene dine for nettstedet, så de blir husket til neste gang du besøker nettstedet. De brukes også til å samle informasjon om antall besøkende, gjennomsnittlig tid som brukes på bestemte sider og å analysere handlemønstre på nettstedet. Denne informasjonen brukes til å finne ut hvor godt nettstedet virker og hvor det kan forbedres.
Flash-informasjonskapsler (eller Locally Shared Objects)
Du har sannsynligvis Adobe Flash installert på datamaskinen din. Nettsteder som har Flash-innhold kan også lagre små filer som brukes på samme måte som informasjonskapsler, på datamaskinen din.
Flash-informasjonskapsler kan også sikkerhetskopiere data som er lagret i andre informasjonskapsler. Når du sletter informasjonskapsler berøres ikke dine Flash-informasjonskapsler. Så et nettsted kan fortsatt gjenkjenne deg hvis det sikkerhetskopierte den slettede informasjonen fra en informasjonskapsel til en Flash-informasjonskapsel.
Administrering av informasjonskapsler:
Du kan enkelt slette informasjonskapsler fra din datamaskin eller mobile enhet med nettleseren din. Hver nettleser er forskjellig, så se 'Hjelp'-menyen i din foretrukne nettleser (eller i bruksanvisningen for mobiltelefonen din) for å finne ut hvordan du endrer innstillingene for informasjonskapsler.
Du kan velge å slå av informasjonskapsler, eller å bli varslet hver gang en ny informasjonskapsel blir sendt til datamaskinen eller mobilen din. Merk at hvis du velger å slå av informasjonskapsler vil du ikke kunne benytte all vår funksjonalitet.